Summary of Rates for Online Help

Subject: Summary of Rates for Online Help
From: Marcia Coulter <notjust -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 09:15:48 -0700

About a week ago, I asked for information about Chicago-area rates for
creating online help. As promised, here's a summary of the replies.
And oh, BTW, looks like I'll get at *least* one of the two contracts.
Thanks to you all.

SUMMARY

Four people sent requests for a summary of replies received.

One person (a Chicagoan) said that the usual rate for online work is
$80/hour; for printed materials, it's $60/hour.

One person (from Miami) said that she charges from $60-90/hour,
depending on the size and complexity of the project.

One person (from the San Jose area) said that she believes in charging
extra for rush jobs, citing Kinko's as her guide. (This same person
turned out to be my "long lost" cousin! Ain't the Internet grand?)

Marcia Coulter
notjust -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com