Re: What do you call this?

Subject: Re: What do you call this?
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 08:54:15 -0400

I agree! I always use the "common" name of the special character followed
by the actual character in parentheses. If they can't understand the name,
they'll recognize the character, and if they can't recognize the character,
maybe they'll figure it out from the name. And who uses octothorpe or virgule
-- they sound like medical names!!
Laurie