Re: Re. virgules

Subject: Re: Re. virgules
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 09:05:22 -0400

Another comment about these terms (virgules, solidus, etc. (even this one)) --
we should always consider our user audience before we use high-phalutin'
terms! Unless the words are industry standard
in a particular field, your general user population will probably have
no clue what they mean. Moreover, non-standard (uncommon) words are difficult
to translate (I have to think about this all the time, because my docs are
translated into Japanese).
Laurie