Instructional Design

Subject: Instructional Design
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 21:56:44 -0600

I have a quick question. I have seen the term "Instructional Design"
used in a variety of ways. As an educator, I understand this to refer to
the process of designing a course of study beginning with a needs
assessment and progressing through various steps including decisions
about appropriate delivery systems, course objectives, learning
activities, feedback mechanisms, and assessment tools. Is this the same
definition being used by technical writers or does this term include
other specialized skills?

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu