Re: Saving email in binders

Subject: Re: Saving email in binders
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 16:13:00 PDT

Elliot wrote:
>Personally, I believe that anybody who prints out email messages
>for storage in either a binder *or* a folder has been influenced
>by the devil. =^>

Now that you know my secret, I'm going to have to keeelll yoooooou..... :-D

>Electronic mail was sent electronically, and
>should be kept that way. I have never seen a mail reader that
>does not let you store messages to text files for later
>retrieval. Not only do you save a tree, it's easier to search
>them for keywords and subjects later.

Here are some reasons that non-possessed souls may want to keep email in
binders:

1) Lack of disk space (admittedly rare these days, but possible).
2) So other people can have access to it easily, even if they aren't on the
network.
3) Because they are signed on to a mailing list at a work and want to take
the material home and study it.
4) Because they are keeping lists of mailing list addresses and URLs and
using these is easier when looking at paper than switching windows on a
'puter.

Just a few random thoughts on a Friday....
Rosie Wilcox
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
"It's easy, after all, not to be a writer. Most people aren't writers,
and very little harm comes to them." -- Julian Barnes