[no subject]

From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 11:34:28 -0800

At 10:07 AM 5/19/95, Ronni Perry wrote:
> As a new list subscriber, I'm hoping to get two questions answered for
> the price of one.

> First, does anyone know where or how I can find out about online
> technical writing training? I'm interested in installing computer-based
> training in my company because I'm the only technical writer in a
> building of hundreds of engineers who write documents for a living.
> Would be interested in CD-ROM, shareware/freeware, or companies that
> develop customized training for online delivery.

> Second, how can we distinguish between customers and users? A new TQM
> group here is trying to determine exactly who our documents are written
> for, and the definitions are important. Are we just playing with words
> or do you see a real difference?

> If you like, you can respond to my email address:

> Ronni -dot- Perry -at- DL-Notes -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- sprint -dot- com

> Many thanks,

> Ronni Perry
> TRW Environmental Safety Systems Inc.
=========
IMHO, a customer pays for your product or service; a user uses your product
or service. One is the money person, the other is the grunt.

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
(510) 645-3469 (W) (510) 944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com (W) santacroce -at- aol -dot- com (H)

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot!"