Re: Word & Paintbrush

Subject: Re: Word & Paintbrush
From: "W. Michaels" <stinky5 -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 21 May 1995 10:34:32 -0700

I use Paintbrush to prepare all my screen captures for Word. (I use a wonderful
shareware product called SCap to actually capture the images.) I print in B&W
so I replace all the colored areas with black & white in Paintbrush.

Marta wrote about using Word and Paintbrush:
> Save your bitmaps in 16 colors (most VGA cards now default to
> 256 colors, yours may actually be set to 32 million or something.
> This dramatically affects the .BMP file size.

Try saving it in monochrome if you print in B&W. That cuts the .bmp file to
at least a third of its colored size.

Another thing that reduces the size of a Paintbrush bitmap, if your bitmap
is smaller than 8.5 x 11, change the size of the image: from Options/ Image
Attributes... paste your image on the smaller "board."
In Word, Insert the .bmp file. You can scale the .bmp, and crop it further
in Word.

W. Michaels
stinky5 -at- teleport -dot- com