Re: How to get ISBN?

Subject: Re: How to get ISBN?
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 08:54:30 CDT

> > Christopher Battle <cbattle -at- comp -dot- uark -dot- edu> writes:
> > I need to request an ISBN number for a freelance project I'm working on,
> > and I've never done this before. Can anyone tell me how this process
> > works, how long it takes, or where to start? I'd appreciate any
> > suggestions. Thanks,
> >>>>

> Lisa,

> It's ISDN, and you should start with your local telephone company. They should
> be able to set you up

> John O.

John,

You're confusing ISBN (a numbering system for publications) with ISDN (a data
transmission technology). If Christopher (Lisa?) went to the telephone company
for an ISBN, they probably wouldn't know what he was talking about.

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA