Re: Flesch Readability Index

Subject: Re: Flesch Readability Index
From: Stephanie Goble <Stephaniex_goble -at- CCM -dot- CH -dot- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 19:37:12 GMT

"Everman, Daniel" <evermad -at- ttc -dot- com> wrote:

> Word for Windows will generate an on-screen report of Flesch reading ease,
> number of passive sentences, Flesch=Kincaid grade level, Coleman-Liau grade
> level, and Bormouth grade level. You also get average sentences per
paragraph,
> word counts, and more.

> This utility is part of the Grammar Checker in Word.

> Dan Everman
> evermad -at- ttc -dot- com

Mike:

I think you can print this screen to the clipboard
by ALT PRINT SCREEN, and use it as a graphic.
Load the text files in as ASCII, but be aware that
Word will cound each hard line return as a seperate sentence.
You have to have a single line return at the end of a paragraph
to get a good count.

Stephanie