Editor's thanks

Subject: Editor's thanks
From: douglas_thayer <douglas_thayer -at- SMTPLINK -dot- SYSCOM -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 09:05:18 LCL

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: Jim Hochberg
Date: 5/23/95 3:39PM
To: Douglas Thayer
To All Editors On Techwr-l:

I am the [American] editor for whom Douglas Thayer sought opinions regarding
"many efforts." He was kind enough to pass along your responses, and I was
overwhelmed. By and large, my opinions were supported:

A) "[E]ffort" is better than "efforts."
B) The sentence containing "reciprocate" was poorly constructed, and should be
re-written.

I find this gratifying for two reasons. First, like all of us (I'm sure), it's
nice to know that I was "right." Second, it's wonderful to have access to such
a `a&
large number of skillful and dedicated professionals who seem to have the same
love of the English language that I do. Used properly, it is a wonderful medium
for communication. Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to respond.
It. {hN
has been of immeasurable assistance to me.

James Hochberg
Syscom Computer Engineering Co.
Taipei, Taiwan, ROC

My opinions are DEFINITELY not those of my employer, at least, not yet...