Dwo hsieh (many thanks)

Subject: Dwo hsieh (many thanks)
From: douglas_thayer <douglas_thayer -at- SMTPLINK -dot- SYSCOM -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 11:45:29 LCL

The members of our Technical Writing Group appreciate the responses to my
call for help regarding "many efforts." There is a lot of wisdom on this
list. Our editor has calmed down, largely as a result of your efforts.
(Ironically, this incident may have been a "face" thing: an American
sensitive to having his editorial decisions reviewed by a non-native
speaker.) For some of our managers, this has also served as an effective
demonstration of the benefits of the 'net...

Douglas Thayer
<douglas_thayer -at- smtplink -dot- syscom -dot- com -dot- tw>
Taipei, Taiwan, ROC

To Dan S.: How's my romanization? I would curse the need to romanize,
except that I wouldn't know how to punch in the characters anyway. <smile>