Re: Word spacing in Frame

Subject: Re: Word spacing in Frame
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 16:10:32 -0700

--part_ABE7B977001B4C9A00000002

> > I knew there had to be a switch somewhere that allowed more or
> > limited spacing between words. Searching the indices of the FM
> > Manual and _The Frame Handbook_ proved fruitless as did the online
> > help. I ended up calling tech support to get the answer, which was
> > very simple. But, the call would have been unnecessary if the FM
> > Manual had been better indexed and _The Frame Handbook_
> > hadn't duplicated the error.

> >The answer to the problem has to do with SMART Spaces.

After all of this discussion I had to see if I could find the answer.
Although I have Framemaker I'm not familiar with it. My first
index topic was right where I expected. I looked under
"justification" because that's where Quark has the controls.
(Actually they're in H&J which refers to Hyphenation and
Justification.) The dialog box on page 4-22 of the Mac
manual shows making changes in the word spacing.

--part_ABE7B977001B4C9A00000002

Sue Ellen Adkins sea -at- netcom -dot- com
technical writing services

--part_ABE7B977001B4C9A00000002--