Re: Word spacing in Frame

Subject: Re: Word spacing in Frame
From: Pat Madea <madea -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 09:31:39 MST

Dr. Mateosian,

re:
>>The answer to the problem has to do with SMART Spaces.

>If you'll look on page 4-21 of the Using FrameMaker Manual (it took me under
>a minute to find, but I knew what I was looking for), you'll find the real
>answer. It has nothing to do with smart spaces. ...RM

The answer for my problem was Smart Spaces. They have a brief mention
in the _Using Framemaker, FrameMaker4 X/Motif Version_ manual on page
3-8 and only on page 3-8. Page 4-21 (in my _Using FrameMaker_ manual) has
to do with paragraph spacing and custom line spacing. Smart Spaces, when
it is on, prevents you from typing more than one space in a row. When
Smart Spaces is off, you can type more than one space in a row (between
words, after periods, colons, and so on).

The problem is not with Smart Spaces themselves but with the documentation.
If you know to look for Smart Spaces, you'll have no problem. If you look
under spaces or spacing or space, you'll never find them (Smart Spaces).

madea // madea -at- mmsi -dot- com