Re: Using TC fields

Subject: Re: Using TC fields
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 19:21:04 -0400

>>The only problem with Brian's solution (even though it works ok) is
>>that whenvever you modify the Heading text, you'll have to mobify
>>the TC field as well... Here again, manual stuff.

>Can't you put the text of the chapter title into a variable, so you only
>have to change it in one place? Or am I confusing Word with something else?

Well you could, but then you'd have to:
1.Type the heading text, which is perfectly normal.
2. Add a bookmark to identify that particular heading. For this example,
let's use H1.
3. Insert a TC field with no quoted text.
4. Insert a REF field **in** the TC field referencing the H1 bookmark.

All in all, I still think there are 3 steps too many, not counting the
possibility of inadvertently deleting the bookmark. ; - )

(o o)
Josee Sevigny
joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca