Re: Dustin' off that ol' Resume

Subject: Re: Dustin' off that ol' Resume
From: David Demyan <concord -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 06:48:34 -0700

Greg Miller wrote:

>Does anyone know of tech writing jobs in Virginia? My job is being
>terminated on June 15th due to company downsizing and I'm scrambling to find
>employment. I'm also considering free-lancing -- any suggestions or advice?

This gives me the opportunity to kill two stones with one bird. You have
several good choices, Greg. I'll mention two:

1. An excellent resource is the STC jobs bulletin board run from International
Headquarters in DC. It is free to members (the cost of the call) and
provides the best list of available technical writing jobs I have ever
seen anywhere. You would probably see 10 jobs listed for Virginia if
you looked at the list today, so don't disregard this important resource.

2. There are many *job shops* in Virginia. It would pay to send a resume
to each one. E-mail me direct for a listing if you want.

The first item covers permanent, contract, and (limited) freelance work.
The second item will only yield contract positions. Some of the other
possibilities I won't elaborate: daily newspaper job ads, word-of-mouth,
listings on techwr-l, local STC chapter jobs hot-line.

There are plenty of jobs out there. With these resources, you should be
able to land a good job quickly.

Best of luck,

Dave Demyan *** Mendem Concord, Inc.
(908) 753-8500 *** One Mountain Blvd.
concord -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com *** Warren, NJ 07059
FAX: (908) 754-8224