Re: Communicator or Writer?

Subject: Re: Communicator or Writer?
From: "William P. Watson" <billw -at- GEOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 14:22:00 EDT

I prefer "writer." Even as we move beyond the printed page
and use more multi-media elements in our work, we're still
primarily concerned with words and that makes us writers.
(I don't hear anyone calling screenwriters "cinematic
communicators.") I find "communicator" a little too new-agey.

Now, what's always bothered me is the term "technical." It makes
it sound like we're producing only very dry, boring material that
nobody would want to read. (Please refrain from the obvious jokes.)
Anyone have a better adjective?

Bill Watson
billw -at- geotel -dot- com