Re: to show samples or not??

Subject: Re: to show samples or not??
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 13:28:48 CDT

> Most people I talk to say the most important item when giving presentions
> is to show samples of your work.

> I just read a book about freelance writing, the author suggest NOT
> showing any samples. He claims clients aren't interested in you boring
> them with your preious work.

> What are your comments on this. I would think showing samples would be
> very important.

I agree that it's important for clients to see samples of your work. They want
to see what they're paying for, right? If for no other reason, samples can help
support your claim to be an experienced writer, but I think clients also want
some evidence that you can actually write and put together a document before
they hire you. Back in my consulting days, I always had samples of my work,
and clients always wanted to see them.

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA