figures/illustrations

Subject: figures/illustrations
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 11:25:52 EDT

Kevin Sporleder asked about numbering figures.

I'd suggest either one of the two plans:

1) Number ALL figures.

2) Number NO figures.

Whichever you select, stick with it.

If you're referring back to specific figures at multiple places in the
text, you'll have to use plan #1. If a figure is referenced once (and -only-)
once, and you can keep it on the same page as the text reference, you can
get away with plan #2. (I've found that this most likely happens in books
done to the Information Mapping (TM) format)

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
Beverly, MA
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com