Re: HiJaak problem

Subject: Re: HiJaak problem
From: Matt Wiseley <mwiseley -at- ULTRANET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 1995 07:51:25 -0400

In article <199506082350 -dot- QAA22074 -at- netcom20 -dot- netcom -dot- com>, Comtech Services
<comtech -at- netcom -dot- com> wrote:

> We need to capture 200 simple, black and white text screens from a DOS
> applicatio
> n to put in a Word for Windows 6.0C document.
> We're using HiJaak Pro 2.0, but we've had very spotty results: First, some
> screen
> s came into JH with the colors reversed; some reversed when we saved them as
> BMP,
> WMF, or TIF files.
> what are we doing wrong in HJ to produce such inconsistent results?

I've used HiJaak for screen captures and screen capture file conversions.
I've found it to be a lousy product. I'm stuck with it because I need to
do PCX/BMP to WMF conversion, which is hard to find. My feeling on HiJaak
is that it's meant for hi-res photo type editing, and needs a super video
card. It's dithering effects destroy anything at less than 256 colors. My
advice would be to get a simple screen capture program like Clip and Save
(I've found this to be excellent) or Thumbs Plus. Just do dos screen shots
in Windows from a dos window (go to a dos shell from windows and press
alt-enter.) This makes nice and compact, full screen dos screen shots.

Hope this helps.

Matt Wiseley

Matt Wiseley

email: mwiseley -at- -dot- ultranet -dot- com
homepage: http://www.utranet.com/~mwiseley/