Re: Re. "Clerical" typos

Subject: Re: Re. "Clerical" typos
From: Bill Burns <WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 08:30:43 MDT

Elizabeth Vollbach (sorry if the spelling is wrong) questions the validity
of the newsletter gaffes in David Meek's posting.

Here are a couple of examples from the technical documents I've revised in the
past year:

1. Employees hair must be kept free from equipment or from mechanical
equipment.

2. Always hold bottom and handle of bottles when pouring chemicals.

3. Do not place hands in machine when running.

4. All first aid situations universal precautions with appropriate
engineering controls will be utilized when providing firts aid
care as necessary for the incident.

I copied these examples into a file as I found them. Sometimes the errors I
find are merely ambiguous, at other they're times incomprehensible, and still
other times they're downright hysterical. If they can occur in the work
environment, they can certainly happen in a church newsletter.

Bill Burns *
Assm. Technical Writer/Editor * LIBERTY, n. One of imagination's most
Micron Technology, Inc. * precious possessions.
Boise, ID *
WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM * Ambrose Bierce