Re: Origin of phonetic alphabet

Subject: Re: Origin of phonetic alphabet
From: "Dana L. Cadman" <cadman -at- GDLS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 12:39:22 -0400

I don't know how the words used in the Phenotic Alphabet were chosen, but
they do change. During WW II, Baker was B. Today B is Bravo. I believe
the change occurred during the Korean War.

Then there is the PA used by most police departments, which use names,
such as Adam, Brian, and Charile, instead of the familiar Alpha, Bravo,
and Charlie. I have no idea why the police use a different system.
Those who are willing to sacrifice freedom in the name of security will
have neither. - Benjaman Franklin