Re: Things in prose

Subject: Re: Things in prose
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 10:10:16 MST

Two opinions, actually, and a piece of advice.
(Opinion 1)
YOUR version reads better, is clearer, is less clumsy, etc.
(Opinion 2)
This looks like a *control* issue, rather than a real
difference of professional opinion.
(Advice)
Save your energy for battles on more important issues.
Compromise on this one by accepting your editor's rewrite
but changing 'things' to 'tasks' or 'activities'.
I agree with everything Kat said, plus would like to add one
thing: remove the colon from your version and everything will be
perfect. It almost seems to me that your editor was trying to
re-word the thing in order to avoid that illicit use of the
colon. It is perfectly acceptable to simply not use it.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=