Yikes! Have I incited "list chill"? / PICO editor

Subject: Yikes! Have I incited "list chill"? / PICO editor
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 11:23:09 -0400

Where have all the postings gone? :-)

I just wanted to mention, for anyone subscribed to techwr-l by way of a
UNIX shell account, a lovely little editor called PICO. I now use it on a
daily basis, both as part of a good-if-still-in-progress mail-reader
called PINE, and as my one-and-only stand-alone text editor.

PICO is absolutely marvelous -- the user interface is exTREMEly well
designed, and it's top-of-the-heap with respect to manipulating text
fragments in a UNIX environment. It makes "vi" look the the horrible,
ungainly beast that it is. In point of fact, I am using PICO to compose
this message.

The sources for PINE (and presumably for PICO) are available via FTP from
ftp.cac.washington.edu. If memory serves, there is a "pine" directory
straight off the root; the sources are somewhere below that.

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org