failed tech com thread

Subject: failed tech com thread
From: Tammy Hale <tammyh -at- FGM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 17:13:09 -0500

Dear Techwriters,

Somebody on the list recently requested examples of the humorous or
devastating effects of failed technical communication. I was wondering what
kind of responses were received. I'm giving a seminar on technical writing
to engineers and anecdotes like that would be helpful.

In addition, if someone could resend me the recent posting about x number
of babies will be given to the wrong parents and x number of prescriptions
will be given etc., I'd appreciate it (it has disappeared from my saved
mail file--I don't know how I did that).

Thanks,

Tammy
tammyh -at- fgm -dot- com