SEUSS NEWBIE STIFLED!

Subject: SEUSS NEWBIE STIFLED!
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 11:03:42 PDT

For a few seconds.

Newbie:
Dang, Arlen! Lookit them all still flogging that
old flame. Barely a glimmer left!

(Newbie and Arlen gaze, bemused)

Arlen:
Kinda cute, how they all circled around the
tender newbie, horns outward, stomping challenges
at the wolf.

Newbie:
Psst. Hey Arlen. Watch this, see what happens.

(Newbie lurks a while, then quietly takes keyboard
down from wall)

EEEEEE NN NN UU UU FFFFFFFF !!
EE NN N NN UU UU FF !!
EEEE NN N NN UU UU FFFF !!
EE NN N NN UU UU FF !!
EE NN N NN UU UU FF
EEEEEE NN NNN UUUU FF !!

LET IT DIE!,

Die, thread, Die!

Talk sentence structure! Talk Contract forms!
Talk software!

Come to your senses, peepul!!

LET IT DIE!

(Newbie hangs keyboard back on its peg, stares expectantly
at mailreader.)

Arlen:
Ah, innocent newbie! Do you really think that will
save any bandwidth?

Newbie:
Well... I HOPE so, Arlen. A bandwidth is a terrible thing
to waste. And ... if it does work, we can both cutnpaste it
to kill all overlong threads.

Arlen:
(Smiling indulgently)
Perhaps, newbie, perhaps... Let's wait and see. But have you
learned anything from this flame experience?

Newbie:
Yes sir. I will lurk longer before entering a STRANGE net.

Arlen:
EXCELLENT! Then perhaps something good has already come from
this threadbare thread. Perhaps all those bandwidths did not
die in vain after all.

Newbie:
Gee, I sure hope so, Arlen. But I gotta go now and check in
with rec.motorcycles. That net is a kinder, gentler group,
where I can rest for a while.

Thanks for your help, sir!

Arlen:
You are most welcome, new one.