Re: Portfolio contents

Subject: Re: Portfolio contents
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 10:02:29 -0700

Sue Ellen Adkins writes:

> I'm working to put together my first portfolio. I think I need to include
> examples of various types of writing but do I need to include samples from
> various tools? Would it be advisable to do the same document in PageMaker,
> Quark, and FrameMaker?

Sue,
In all the years I've been presenting a portfolio, I've never
been asked what tool I've used to construct something. (I've
*occasionally* been asked what I used to layout my resume.)

If you're proficient in all three packages and you have
samples from each, I'd include 'em... But I wouldn't reproduce
the *same* piece in each package. That way, if someone is
interested in tools you can show them the three samples. If
they're only interested in your writing, you're not being
overly redundant.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com