Re: Sentence structure

Subject: Re: Sentence structure
From: Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 18:31:45 GMT

In article <199506261855 -dot- LAA00795 -at- mail -dot- direct -dot- ca>,
Matt Ion <mion -at- direct -dot- ca> wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Jun 1995 16:57:44 PDT you wrote:

>>Well, for one thing, the question has nothing to do with sentence>TO EJECT
FROM
> THE AIRPLANE
>>1. Pull the left-hand lever upward sharply. This will eject the
>> canopy.
>>2. Pull the right-hand lever upward sharply. This will eject you
>> from the airplane.
>3. DO NOT REVERSE THESE STEPS!!!

What the heck. Here's how it's done according to our company guide (and,
No, I don't agree w/ the guide's placement of the conditional; the only
conditional steps allowed are those used with logic operators: IF, THEN,
etc.).

WARNING

Reversing the following steps could kill
you.

1. Eject from the airplane by performing the following steps in the
order given.

1.1 Pull the left-hand lever upward sharply to eject the canopy.

1.2 Pull the right-hand lever upward sharply to eject from the airplane.

Aren't style guides =fun=? *cheap shot*

Nancy (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov)