Re: Sentence structure

Subject: Re: Sentence structure
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 09:53:44 -0800

At 10:31 AM 6/29/95, Nancy Hayes wrote:
>In article <199506261855 -dot- LAA00795 -at- mail -dot- direct -dot- ca>,
>Matt Ion <mion -at- direct -dot- ca> wrote:
>>On Thu, 22 Jun 1995 16:57:44 PDT you wrote:
>>
>>>Well, for one thing, the question has nothing to do with sentence>TO EJECT
> FROM
>> THE AIRPLANE
>>>1. Pull the left-hand lever upward sharply. This will eject the
>>> canopy.
>>>2. Pull the right-hand lever upward sharply. This will eject you
>>> from the airplane.
>>3. DO NOT REVERSE THESE STEPS!!!

>What the heck. Here's how it's done according to our company guide (and,
>No, I don't agree w/ the guide's placement of the conditional; the only
>conditional steps allowed are those used with logic operators: IF, THEN,
>etc.).

> WARNING

> Reversing the following steps could kill
> you.

>1. Eject from the airplane by performing the following steps in the
> order given.

> 1.1 Pull the left-hand lever upward sharply to eject the canopy.

> 1.2 Pull the right-hand lever upward sharply to eject from the airplane.

>Aren't style guides =fun=? *cheap shot*

>Nancy (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov)
Is this anything like "Ready, Fire, Aim"?

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
(510) 645-3469 (W) (510) 944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com (W) santacroce -at- aol -dot- com (H)
santa -at- ccnet -dot- com (H)

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot!"