software industry experience

Subject: software industry experience
From: Bill Brucksch <bbruck -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 08:15:34 -0700

As a newbie, career-changing, wannabe technical writer, I was hoping there
might be some experienced writers in the software industry who would have some
advice for a doctoral-level educator with a certificate in technical writing
(UW) who is trying to get into the software industry.

I've tried the usual: answering job ads, postings at school, joining relevant
organizations, going to meetings, applying for internships, etc. Nothing so
far. I'm looking primarily in the Seattle area but would consider an internship

out of area.

TIA for the input.

Bill Brucksch
bbruck -at- halcyon -dot- com