Re: OL Help Tool-Multiplatform

Subject: Re: OL Help Tool-Multiplatform
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 10:10:54 -0500

I'm writing a help system for an XWindows program, but I work in
the MS Windows invironment. My current system is to write the
help files in RoboHelp, then use HyperHelp by Bristol Technologies
to convert the file to X. I'm still in the fairly early stages,
but so far it works well.

I think others out there are doing something similar. Tom
Chamberlain and Debby Gumto had a paper in the 1995 Proceedings
of the STC Annual Conference on multi-platform help, "Crossing
the Great Divide." They use their help for Windows, Mac, and X.
Tom can be reached at <Tom -dot- Chamberlain -at- natinst -dot- com>.

LaVonna

LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.