Re: PET PEEVE ?3148

Subject: Re: PET PEEVE ?3148
From: Karen Mayer <Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 17:43:10 EDT

I answered an ad like that once and was filtered out through human
resources. What a lot of folks don't understand is that one skill that
tech writers have is the ability to pick things up easily! That's what we
do -- we learn about new products and procedures and then teach others. I
tried to convey this to the human resources person, but I think he had a
checklist in front of him and if he couldn't make an X in the box, I was
unqualified in his opinion. But then again, would I want to work for a
company or tech writing group that was so short-sighted?

-- km