Re: PET PEEVE #3148

Subject: Re: PET PEEVE #3148
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 08:40:06 PST

Someone wrote (sorry, Misti didn't attribute the following):
> <snip>
> Few people plan to become technical writers. They cross over into the
> field from all kinds of
> backgrounds. If someone doesn't train people willing to do a job so many
> others don't care for, then the pool dries up.
> <snip>

To which Misti Delaney responded:
> Really? I don't know of many really fine technical writers who didn't end
> up in the field out of love for the craft.

Well, actually, I did sorta just "fall into" tech writing. It was a
planned career move or anything. However, I must admit that I have
stayed due to my "love for the craft."

...sue
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Carlsbad, California USA
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com