Re: PET PEEVE #3148

Subject: Re: PET PEEVE #3148
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 18:13:36 -0500

Sue Heim writes:

+ Few people plan to become technical writers. They cross over into the
+ field from all kinds of backgrounds.
<snip>
+ To which Misti Delaney responded:
+ > Really? I don't know of many really fine technical writers who didn't end
+ > up in the field out of love for the craft.

+ Well, actually, I did sorta just "fall into" tech writing. It was a
+ planned career move or anything. However, I must admit that I have
+ stayed due to my "love for the craft."

+ ...sue

If we all were humble enough to admit it, we are technical
writers/communicators because:

1. It is sooooooo easy
2. There is no pressure to meet deadlines
3. The huge salaries are too hard to pass up
4. It is the one field where everyone agrees on every issue
5. We write, therefore we are

:)