Re: Standard conventions for navigation

Subject: Re: Standard conventions for navigation
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 17:13:43 -0400

Following Misti's reply to Becca, I wonder:
Do you guys always explain stuff like scrolling, selecting items from list
boxes and what not in your manuals intro?

We used to do this but figured that since we must build our software
following the platform's navigation techniques, these techniques are already
explained (usually quite well) in the platform manuals (which they should
have copies). We now refer them to their platform/environment manuals.

On another note:
>>For examples, 1) does one "Click" or "Select" his/her choice?
>at least here, we select an item from a menu or list, but click on an
>on-screen button.

We never click ON somthing but rather click THE or click such and such.

=== Sorry Misti, I wanted to send to the list ;-)
\\|//
(o o)
Josee Sevigny Technical Writer
M3i Systems Inc., Longueuil, QC
e-m joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca
Tel (514) 928-4600
Fax (514) 328-8785