[no subject]

From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 16:00:33 -0700

>For examples, 1) does one "Click" or "Select" his/her choice?<<
I was part of a user's guide at the end of last year. We used CLICK for an
icon and select for a menu item.

>Option A: Choose System from the Setup menu, then choose Security from the
>System Setup palette.

>Option B (presenting the options in the order they should be chosen, but the
>phrasing is slightly awkward):
> From the Setup menu, choose System, then from the System Setup palette,
>choose Security.

>Option C: From the Setup menu, choose System, then choose Security.

>Option D (favored by our Training and Support departments): Choose System >
>Setup > Security.

From my experiences, I would go with 'C'.

>In addition, what are your views on bold for the key navigation words (Setup,
>System, etc.) or icons in the scholar's margin to indicate that this is
>navigation?
In the above mentioned UG, we used BOLD for an icon name, a menu"option" and
italic for a menu name. i.e., From the <ital>Setup<unital> Menu, select

Ciao

Stui

------=| First Impression Graphics |=------
Yes these are my own thoughts and/or opinions.. Why the hell do I need to have
this disclaimer anyways?!?!?!?! It's my opinion and everyone's entitled to it.
If you don't like it, then don't read it! My employer backs me up on this as
I am one and the same person.