cliches

Subject: cliches
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 08:24:01 LCL

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Tammy Hale an All am 07.07.95

TH> Do you have any favorite cliches? I want to acknowledge that
TH> cliches can be
TH> fun and somewhat useful in spoken language.

Take "Murphy's Laws". Examples:

Reality is, when everything works an noone knows why.
Theory is, when you know, it must work, but it wouldn't.

After you opened n-1 of n screws,
you realise that you are opening the wrong unit.

At least here you can can get Murphy's in printed form.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander