Frame Help vs. others

Subject: Frame Help vs. others
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 20:14:00 LCL

Hello Arthur,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Arthur Comings an All am 11.07.95

AC> From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com>

AC> I'm interviewing for a job where they intend to produce some
AC> hard-copy
AC> doc in Frame (which I'm comfortable with), but then have
AC> someone else
AC> do on-line Help in RoboHelp or Doc-to-Help with *Word*.

AC> This surprises me, and isn't the way I would go; am I missing
AC> something? Are those various other Help tools (which I've
AC> browsed at a
AC> workshop or two) somehow better than Frame?

No, but they are quite closely related to Winhelp.

Every Winhelp file you write must be compiled by the Winhelp compiler. This
compiler is updaed by Microsoft to every RTF version it designs for Winword.
Most of the Winhelp authoring systems are more or less macro collections for
Winword.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander