I need job search help

Subject: I need job search help
From: James Mathewson <math0038 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 11:34:04 -0500

Hi folks,
I'm sure you all will have some good advice for me on this problem. TIA

I'm just completing a M.S. in STC and have begun the job search mode. I
worked on a PhD for six years in philosophy only to settle for a M.A.
when the job market in academia became impossible. The problem is, many
potential employers are intimidated by all my education. They think they
will not be able to manage me easily because of my credentials.

My first try at a solution was to leave my first masters completely off
my resume. But I fear employers will need to know what I've done with my
life for the six years prior to my entry into an STC program. So they
will ask. Then I will look dishonest for not having the M.A. on my
resume. Hence, this solution is not optimal.

Any other suggestions.

james {:>l3