EE. and Tech Writing Reply (long post)

Subject: EE. and Tech Writing Reply (long post)
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 16:09:00 LCL

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Donna_Menk -at- pc -dot- radian -dot- com an All am 17.07.95

DD> I came from a
DD> business/accounting/medical/science
DD> background. That background has been invaluable to me, not only
DD> in
DD> writing about business-related software

it's the same over here: I know at which end the soldering iron gets hot and
I did some programming and sometimes I did both on the same project. That
really helps, when I need information from people who still do it.

One of my more important motives to leave the normal rail of an EE carrier
was the possibility to work in a much broader field.

On the other side: It is quite difficult to be promoted in this field: There
is not much hierarchy in documentation and noone in management thinks, that
you could do anything different from writing. They are utterly wrong, we
know. But in about every company, documentation is a side product and not in
the mainstream.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander