Re: HTML ethics

Subject: Re: HTML ethics
From: Leah Guren <LGUREN -at- BOSCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 16:23:17 LCL

Arlen P. Walker suggests citing the source of any "borrowed" material,
plus adds:

* (Asking permission first would also be a Good Thing.)

In my experience, I have received permission *most* times that I have
asked, often with no more than a verbal handshake, if you will, and other
times by signing a simple agreement. I have been surprised at which
companies have cheerfully granted permission, and which ones refused to
even respond to our request. But it is definitely worth it to ask.

Leah Guren

Manager, Technical Publications

Better On-line Solutions, Ltd.

Yaad, Israel