Yellow vs. Amber, DON"T CHANGE

Subject: Yellow vs. Amber, DON"T CHANGE
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 11:50:52 PDT

Beverly,

Because the military uses these colors as STATUS colors,
broadly understood as I defined in myearlier 7/18 list post,
you should be cautious in changing the color word.

"Yellow" was used in the Alert Conditions, as in "Condition
Yellow", war imminent. However, I'm sure these conditions
have been changed to DEFCON (Defense Condition-or-Continent)
levels.

I think you had best consult your Users or SMEs before changing
Amber to Yellow. It makes little difference what WE of the
LIST think about color choice.

Best Regards,

Dick Dimock
AT&T GIS
El Segundo, CA
**EAT CROW Episode#3**
The rebel turned to see a man aiming
a rifle at him.
"You're trespassing on private property,
you wascally webel!" (I seem to recall this
dialogue vaguely. but again, I wasn't there.)