Re: Acrobat and Word Users: please help!

Subject: Re: Acrobat and Word Users: please help!
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 18:58:46 -0500

Karen M. wrote in part:

> Would anyone care to help me out with this? I need a test file converted
> to .PDF format using the Distiller so that I can see whether the Acrobat
> version is identical to the Word version. If so, I'll ask my company to
> buy it. If not, I'll look for another product. I'm disappointed in
> Adobe's lack of support. Has anyone else had this problem?

I would not call it a "lack of support." They have two products:
Acrobat and Acrobat Pro (which we just bought). Pro contains the
distiller, which you can probably buy separately. (Yes, it is
expensive; Acrobat Pro retails for approx $400.) You need the
distiller when your original file contains .eps files. (Correct me
if I am wrong folks. I *am* an Acrobat newbie.)

Karen, I am willing to try out your files, but I warn you, I've
never used the distiller--only "Exchange."

BTW, thanks to those of you who shared your experiences with
Acrobat and Folio with me. I will post a summary today or tomorrow.

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.