tables in MS Word IA

Subject: tables in MS Word IA
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 08:19:08 -0500

From: lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (LaVonna Funkhouser)

Josee wrote:
>If the graphic is "higher" than one line of text, I think the only way to do
>this is to use tables, which are not supported by WordIA. Recently I've
>switched to HotDog (available at http://www.sausage.com) which supports HTML
>3.0 and Netscape extensions.

One way that we've discovered to include tables in HTML docs created
in Word IA is to create them in Excel (we usually use Excel anyway) and
use an Excel to HTML converter. If the collective you is curious, I
>will post the location that we grabbed it from.

(Ack! She ended a sentence with a preposition!)

Another Word IA question: Can you force HTML to allow superscripts
and subscripts for stuff like CO2 (carbon dioxide)?

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.