Re: Words to live by... -Reply

Subject: Re: Words to live by... -Reply
From: Millman_Harvey <millman -at- JMBCORP -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 10:59:52 EDT

>From: Amy Maclin
>To: MILLMAN; Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
>Subject: Words to live by... -Reply
>Date: Tuesday, July 25, 1995 7:25PM

[snip]
>> I'm seeing more and more hideous grammar popping up these days,

Amy Mackin <maclina -at- orau -dot- gov> added:
>I once spent 200 nightmarish miles behind a semi offering me
>"EMPOLYMENT OPPORTUNITIES." Later (on the same highway) a billboard
>entreated me to stop at the local motel to enjoy cable TV and a
>"suana."

And leave us not forget restaurant menus offering meat dishes served
"with au juice" and the ever-present confusion over apostrophes used to make
a "plural," as in a sign for "Men and Boy's Wear."

-- Harv
millman -at- jmbcorp -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com