Re: Conventions

Subject: Re: Conventions
From: Millman_Harvey <millman -at- JMBCORP -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:44:01 EDT

>From: "Westra, Kayla L."
>To: MILLMAN; Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
>Subject: Conventions
>Date: Wednesday, July 26, 1995 10:40AM

[snip]
>Another question for y'all (sorry, folks, I'm in Kansas, and the natives
>have brainwashed me):

>Do you "click on" your pushbuttons? Do you "press" your pushbuttons?

Kayla,

"Press" seems too literal and inexact. The physical action: you move the
mouse cursor over the "button" (I've not heard it called a "pushbutton"),
and click a mouse button. Hence "click."

>"Illa est causa mea, et ad eam haeso."

Translate, please, for those of us who are Latin illiterates.

-- Harv
millman -at- jmbcorp -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com