A CD-ROM question

Subject: A CD-ROM question
From: Leanne Erickson <LERICKSO -at- MSMAIL -dot- HSII -dot- CCARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 10:42:00 -0500

Do any of you send manuals to clients in the form of a CD-ROM? What do you
do to make the manual acceptable to the client in this format?

We're using FrameMaker to produce our manuals. There are hypertext links
from the TOC and the index as well as cross-references to help the folks
maneuver around. Some of our clients want our documentation on discs so they
can customize it. We think a CD-ROM would be much easier to deal with than
the 40+ diskettes we send them. Management thinks that if they get a CD-ROM,
they'll be expecting more bells and whistles than we would be providing.

Have any of you used CD-ROMs this way? What was the reaction from your
clients?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leanne Erickson
lerickson -at- hsii -dot- ccare -dot- com