Embarrassing boo-boos

Subject: Embarrassing boo-boos
From: Leah Guren <LGUREN -at- BOSCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 08:39:48 LCL

Becca Price writes:

"You guessed it - one word was omitted from the inside cover page,

so that it now read: "CAUTION! This device should not be used." "

Yeah, well, I once *ALMOST* sent a book to print with the breezy
statement, "This utility allows you to defile your system configuration."
Well, Word's spell checker was perfectly happy with it...

Also, I did, in fact, send a book out with one embedded internal note.
The book was one manual in a massive set (over 800 pages) of
documentation for some VAX/VMS communications software. Buried in
technical whale blubber was "[call Matt for exact numbers.]" Only one
customer spotted it, and had enough of a sense of humor to call up and
ask for Matt's phone number! Oi, was I embarrassed.

--Leah Guren/Mgr. Tech Pubs/Better On-line Solutions, Ltd.