Re: Help: Marketing technical products

Subject: Re: Help: Marketing technical products
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 13:04:15 -0400

Hi Harvey,

Can't recommend sources but here are a few guidelines:

- dark backgrounds make the text stand out better (not black) Combination of
blue/yellow, dark turquoise/white usually work well.

- clear and concise one-liners. If there is too much text on the slide,
people will try to read as the presenter talks and they'll lose the
important stuff along the way.

- be consistant in the screen layout, and in using bullets. Don't use 25
bullet styles when indentation works better.

I don't know if you were looking for this but I think that PowerPoint comes
with well designed templates, and a good tutorial.

I don't make presetations anymore, but I used to do a lot of them using
Quattro Pro. I know it's a spreadsheet, but at the time it was the only
"presenter" that allowed me to have links between slides. Much like a menu
driven presentation.
\\|//
(o o)
Josee Sevigny Technical Writer
M3i Systems Inc., Longueuil, QC
e-m joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca
Tel (514) 928-4600
Fax (514) 328-8785