Re: URL

Subject: Re: URL
From: Jim Curran <jcurran -at- USR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 16:20:00 CST

Uniform Resource Locator. It is a term essential to the use of the
World-Wide Web that describes an address for each file on the
Internet. For example, this is a URL:

http://www.interaccess.com/newsletter/july95/index.html

It describes the protocol that should be used to access the
information (http - the hypertext transfer protocol), the address of
the WWW server (www.interaccess.com), the path to the file
(/newsletter/july95/), and the file itself (index.html).

Jim Curran
US Robotics

Subject: URL
Author: Nora Merhar <MERHAR -at- ALENA -dot- BITNET> at Internet
Date: 7/26/95 4:07 PM

Hey y'all,

My boss asked me what URL means, and I had to say I didn't know. Could anyone
tell me?

Nora
merhar -at- edsvcs -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com