Re: Help - OS/2 screen capture

Subject: Re: Help - OS/2 screen capture
From: Karen Mayer <Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 10:52:28 EDT

>>Note that the files are now in .BMP format.

>Bit maps prepared in OS/2 are not necessarily going to work in Word for
>Windows. Maybe someone else can tell us why.

OS/2 2.x and Windows bitmaps are marginally different... I think only in
the first two bytes, but enough so Windows won't normally recognize a OS/2
bitmap (unless you have a graphics app like Paintshop Pro that knows how to
recognize them :)

OS/2 used to have the same problem with Windows bitmaps, although Warp now
supports them directly.

I've not had a problem getting screen prints from OS/2 2.1 or 3.0 into
Word 6.0c using .BMP captures. I use Galleria and they look just fine --
no conversion needed.

-- km